The inclusion of people with disabilities is a high priority in Israel, where national initiatives are transforming social policies and services to meet the health care, social, and economic needs of adults and children with disabilities, and their families and caregivers.
The Myers-JDC-Brookdale Institute’s Research Team on Disabilities is playing a leading role in assisting these efforts to promote inclusion and integration into Israeli society.
2019 Research Focus
Advancing National Reforms
- The mental health reform and its implications for people with a mental health disability
- Developing supported decision making as part of the legal guardianship reform
Advancing Services for People with Disabilities
- Survey of children with disabilities: collecting data on children with disabilities and their families as a basis for planning services
- Providing person-centered services through personal budgeting
- Provision and use of assistive technology for people with disabilities
- Developing and implementing innovative technologies
Facts and Figures – People with Disabilities in Israel 2018
Over the past ten years, there have been considerable advances in service development, legislation, and attitudes towards people with disabilities. This report, prepared by MJB and JDC Israel Unlimited, presents an up-to-date statistical overview of Israelis with disabilities, their needs, and the state of the service system.
Evaluation of a Mentoring Program for Parents with Disabilities in the Haredi Community
The current study sought mainly to examine the changes to be made in the original program (for the general population) to adapt it to the characteristics and special needs of the haredi population.
A Group Sheltered-Employment Program in the Free Market for People with an Intellectual Disability — Evaluation of the Initial Stages
The purpose of the study is to learn about the implementation of the program in its early years, obstacles to its operation, and its contribution to the target population.
People with Disabilities in Israel 2017: Main Findings
הדוח הנוכחי שהוכן על ידי מכון ברוקדייל, מבוסס בעיקרו על נתוני הסקר החברתי של הלשכה המרכזית לסטטיסטיקה משנת 2015. הדוח מציג נתונים עדכניים על שכיחות המוגבלות בישראל.